Saturday, March 29, 2008

Serenity Now

Has anyone seen the Seinfeld episode where George's dad says "Serenity Now," as if that changes the stress or chaos he's in? Well, I find myself saying that quite often.
I can definitely say Serenity Now.. right now! :)
Peace at last.. not that we have had that much of an eventful day, but one child has been whiny and mopey all day, and the other one has been soo sweet one minute, but clingy and whiney the next.. argh! I have been a bit tired and just blah to add to things, partly because of our dreary weather! We went swimming at the gym after I worked out, but that didn't last too long because Meghan was getting pretty tired. No problem for me bc I was ready to go home and relax a little. Bryanna wanted a little more time, but this should have been a warning to me to just tell her to get out bc she tends to lag behind a lot, and doesn't always get things done as quickly as I would like at times. After we left there was whining of being SOO cold, and needing hot chocolate from Starbucks.. ehemm.. I made hot cider at home instead to save money.. then just lounging and mumbling.. was quite frusterating. I made her go to bed by 8 (usual bed time is 9) and told her she needs to sleep off all the whininess/fatigue/not feeling good/attitude so she is more respectful, reads and cleans her room like she is supposed to be doing. I really think the main thing today was she was very sleepy! So.. they are both in bed earlier than normal and I have a little quiet time!
Wishing my hubby was home.. not sure when he will be bc of his work.. kinda makes things harder bc I miss him, and things just come together and are usually just more complete when he is home. Now I have time to clean, but I am tired too and don't feel like it! Hopefully I will get more done tomorrow. Sooo serenity now! ;0)

2 comments:

Purple Teacup said...

That's one of my favorite episodes!

Mel said...

Oh...I try that all the time.

"Serenity now...insanity later..."