Friday, June 13, 2008

Ahh.. the joys of parenthood

What a day!! So.. I need to go to bed right after I write this bc I am sooo sleepy! I did not get much sleep last night be M was up screaming bc of an ear infection. She would only sleep with my and the hubby and kicked us all night! Plus, every time she would move around she would scream out in pain. I felt horrible for her bc she was in so much pain. We knew it was her ear bc she could not lay on that side and screamed if we tried to touch it.
Seems she has been getting ear infections righ before we go out of town. In the past we were driving so we just moved our time to leave out, but this time we actually had a flight out of town! We did not want her to go on a plane with her ear feeling the way it did.. not too smart an idea if she was already in such pain.
I took her to the pediatrician and she said it was really bad and that we really shouldn't fly right now. So... we will have to make up the diff. from our discounted fair when we do travel our postponed trip, but it is ok since we are protecting M from more pain and possible rupture in her eardrum! THAT would NOT be fun for her or anyone else. So.. next step is to see how she is doing in 2 wks, and if the doc. thinks so she will refer us to an ENT. She said we may need to get tubes in her ears. I haven't researched this option at all, but I feel we should check it out if it would take away the infections and possibly help her to hear and even poss. speak better. The pediatrician told me that sometimes the fluid in the ears can affect the speack as well, and has known some people whose children were speaking a lot once they received tubes. Not sure what will happen yet, and praying for complete healing, but also for wisdom and discernment in the right way we need to go for Ms sake. I love her so much and like all moms can't stand to see my kiddos in pain! Soo.. that's basically whats going on here!
My hubby took B to the water park to kinda make up for us not going on our trip as she was really looking forward to it. Hopefully we will be able to reschedule in a month or so.

2 comments:

Purple Teacup said...

Sorry you didn't get to go! Hope she gets better soon- I know this has been a recurring burden.....

Purple Teacup said...

I hope your mouth is ok after all that teeth pulling....