Monday, October 13, 2008

Crazy times

We have had a long past couple of weekends. We were in Tulsa the past two weekends. The first was to visit family, and we had a great time with the girls at the aquarium while we were there. More on that, along with pictures later.
This past weekend was nice bc we went to Laile's high school reunion. It was great to meet his buddies from back in the day, and to make some new friends that maybe we can hang out with now sometime when visiting T-town.

Now.. Friday morning I was drinking some reheated coffee I had made the day before like I do occassionally. I was getting to the bottom of the cup, when I felt something in my mouth, which I spit immediately back into the cup.. I knew I had not dipped any food in the coffee so I had a really nauseating feeling in the pit of my stomach already, thinking this may be a bug.. Well, I poured out the coffee, and sure enough it was a dead fly! YUCKKKKKK!! I threw up into the sink as soon as I saw it! From now on it is fresh coffee ALL the time.. I am still disgusted and have a knot in my stomach thinking about it!

Sooo.. on the way to Tulsa we stopped at Applebees to eat lunch. I was on the phone with my sister, and Laile said I needed to change Meghan bc the guys bathroom didn't have a changing table in it. I was really into my conversation and had the phone in one hand, and Meghan on my hip when I walked into the bathroom. It took me a few minutes to realize there was a man standing up, looking at me over his shoulder with an uneasy smile, like he was saying "hello.. this is the men's restroom.." - Whoa... I finally realized I was in the men's restroom, ran out, and went straight into the women's restroom. My sister said she had done that, which I remember bc I laughed at her! Well.. another reason to get off the cell phone and focus on what you are doing! :)

Last crazy story.. we arrived home at 3am Sunday morning from Tulsa bc Laile was on call and I had to be at church at 8 am. Laile was taking Meghan inside, calming her down so she wouldn't wake up, and all of a sudden he flipped out! He threw his keys down, was flailing his arms, and Meghan was screaming and crying! I was wondering what in the world caused him to do this and wake up Meghan, when he said he walked into a spider web!! I couldn't believe he freaked out so bad! He did not want that spider on him! Well.. he put M in her crib and when I walked in she was screaming.. I told him she was prob. scared bc of what had just happened and we had to lay with her for awhile for her to calm down.
The next day, I actually saw this spider and realized I would have freaked out if I had known how big this little sucker was!! Laile got it down from the door with the broom, and then finally killed it.. not pretty!!
So goes the many adventures of this last weekend.. it was very eventful to say the least! :)

No comments: